Funny enough the year has started, perhaps I was in hibernation or perhaps I was hiding from the blank pages of a new year.
As my first year or month (let’s not get ahead of ourselves shall we?) of being unemployed by my own choosing, I had to find my feet. Very early on I saw that if I do not start and keep myself busy I might just go stir-crazy or manically depressed.
Just like any other optimism driven person out there I have made resolutions(?), seeing these get broken way to often, I shall rather call them goals that I want to achieve in this coming year. The blog is my way of keeping myself accountable and opening myself up to new challenges.
My list goes a little something like this…
- Stop swearing (I can make a sailor blush)
- Sort and de-clutter my house (because I have been threatening to do so for years)
- Be active (yup I have joined a gym, more on that soon)
- Be healthy (I am really trying, and have lost a colossal 1kg – it’s a marathon not a sprint)
- Have a baby or at least get pregnant (I have always wanted to be a mom)
- Get my blog/website and Facebook page off the ground (YAY! A new post, I am on fire!)
- Study hard (if you know me you would know how hard this is for me, after attempting to read the first chapter of one of my 5 subjects, I got bored and wanted to nap)
- Be more positive (despite being an optimistic person I can have negative dips, and this is just to try and avoid those buggers)
- Speak love (just speak kindly to and of people, I can be a Judge Judy and by speaking love I am hoping to let go of my being critical and judgmental)
- Be Happy (just as it says, and still be even if I only do one or two things on this list
There you have it folks 10 goals I would like to achieve this year. As promised more on point 3 – I have joined a gym and would love to be one of those Instagrammers who documents their progress and I have made videos but feel to insecure to post them. But, and this I am realising this as I am typing, my blog is about learning to love me as a human, and to love my silliness and if posting my progress on Instagram is deemed silly then so be it. It is something I want to do and I am going to do it!
Enough babbling from me today, chat again soon.